We have years of experience in preparing expert opinions to determine the value of:
- For the purposes of transfers between related persons pursuant to §255 of Act No. 90/2012 Coll., on Business Corporations,
- In case of squeeze-outs, i.e. buyout of the stakes of shareholders pursuant to § 375 of Act No. 90/2012 Coll., on Business Corporations,
- For the purposes of documenting the price adequacy of shares being retired on the basis of drawing lots pursuant to § 530 of Act No. 90/2012 Coll., on Business Corporations,
- When exercising the right of redemption pursuant to § 89 et seq. Act No. 90/2012 Coll., on Business Corporations,
- For all mandatory public draft contracts pursuant to § 327 et seq. Act No. 90/2012, Coll., on Business Corporations,
- For the purposes of probate proceedings, the settlement of co-ownership, or the settlement of joint property of spouses.
Other securities and financial derivatives
- Fiscal reasons (in case of transfer pricing),
- Valuation for investment funds and unit trusts (in case of nonmarketable securities or derivatives),
- Documenting the price adequacy to ascertain the acting with reasonable care and due diligence.
Business and settlement shares
The main reasons for preparing an expert report on the valuation of a business share are its lodgement as collateral pursuant to the Act. No. 90/2012 Coll., on Business Corporations, probate proceedings, the settlement of co-ownership, or the settlement of joint property of spouses.
Commercial property and assets
We offer expert opinions that are imposed by Act No. 125/2008 Coll., on the Transformations of Commercial Companies and Cooperatives. Under this act, it is necessary to prepare an expert opinion on the valuation of company assets in cases relating to the transformation of companies, such as:
- Mergers by acquisition or the formation of a new entity,
- Domestic mergers,
- Divisions with the formation of new companies,
- Divisions with the acquisition of companies,
- The transfer of net assets to a partner,
- Change of the company´s legal form.
For such purposes, we evaluate assets or any part thereof at market value (the so-called usual price), including determining deferred tax assets or liabilities, if necessary.
We offer expert opinions in the field of claims management, e.g. for their assignment (cession) or sale. In these cases, we determine the market value of the claim and assess its liquidity. The standard methods we use for these expert opinions are based on the analysis of the debtor’s creditworthiness, which, depending on the value of the claim being valuated, can be conducted using methods whose performance and price correspond to the importance of the claim: from scoring to rating simulation in accordance with the rating methodologies of leading credit rating agencies .
Furthermore, we make valuations of claims for the purposes of the transfer of assets between related parties pursuant to § 255 of Act No. 90/2012 Coll., on Business Corporations, or the non-monetary contribution of the claim.
We offer other services directly relating to the valuation of claims and assessing creditworthiness of debtors: the determination of usual interest, remuneration for standing as guarantee or pledging other types of security (collateral, secured transfer of rights). Services are provided for a wide range of purposes from financial assistance to litigation procedures.